Parks and recreation professionals often have to wear many hats (sorry, but sometimes there’s no way around a cliche). Depending on the size of your agency, you could be the director, marketing pro, accountant, and front-desk fill-in. And when it comes to marketing, you need a way to pull together nice graphics for your recreation guides, emails, social media channels, mass mailings, and more.
Here are five free online tools that will help you, the multiple-hat-wearing P&R pro, step up your graphic design game:
1. Timetoast - Create compelling, interactive timelines and share them around the web. Here is one example based on our blog’s history:
2. Wordle - Easily create beautiful word clouds based on websites or a list of words:
3. Visual.ly - Use tools to create professional infographics for free (some of their products will be launching soon).
This is the top of an infographic for our Facebook page. To create your own full infographic, click on the image below:
4. Prezi - Step outside the typical slide deck to create dynamic presentations online. Check out Prezi’s homepage video below:
5. eMarketing Center: Use free articles, templates, discussions, and training as an Active Network customer.
Receive easily customizable templates like this for your marketing materials:
- Click here to learn more about our marketing tools.
- If you’re already a customer, click here to schedule a free meeting with the online services team.
What online tools do you use for graphic design? Comment below.